New Close Primary School
New Close Primary School is a caring and inclusive non-denominational, single form entry primary school, educating children between the ages of 5 and 11 years. Situated in the garrison town of Warminster, Wiltshire, we are at the heart of our local community and pride ourselves on getting to know each of our pupils, and their families/carers, so that we can provide them with the support they need.
Our enthusiastic and nurturing team of staff and governors are committed to providing the best possible education for all of our pupils and helping them to develop as individuals. We have a very strong values system across the school, which has contributed to the positive and calm atmosphere found in every classroom.
In November 2017 we joined Acorn Education Trust and, with their support, transformed our learning environments, classrooms and curriculum. We are very proud that, as a result of this extensive work, New Close was graded as ‘Good’ in all areas by Ofsted in our March 2022 inspection. We continue to work closely with other schools within the Trust and the central team to draw on collective experience to grow and flourish.
Our well-resourced school has a wide range of excellent facilities, including:
- Extensive grounds which provide large scope for outdoor projects;
- Forest school provision for every class, each week;
- A well-resourced and exciting nursery/EYFS facility;
- The most up-to-date technology to support in class learning;
- Stimulating, well-resourced learning environments across the school;
- Specialist PE coaching twice a week for every class;
- Effective pastoral and SEND support, where needed;
- A Supportive and pro-active leadership team;
- A highly effective teaching and teaching assistant team, who have a strong community ethos.
We look forward to welcoming you to our school and showing you what makes New Close such a wonderful school.