West Ashton Church of England Primary School
‘You will shine among them like stars in the sky’ Philippians 2:15
West Ashton Church of England (V.A.) Primary School, located in the beautiful county town of West Ashton, Wiltshire, is an ambitious and friendly primary school, educating children between the ages of 3 and 11 years. The school community works together to develop our vision and our school Christian values (hope, wisdom, agape, friendship, thankfulness and koinonia), which are at the heart of our school. We believe they not only represent who we are but underpin all we do.
We aim to be an inclusive school, where all are valued and celebrated within an atmosphere of mutual respect and trust. Our goal is to give each pupil a thirst for learning, which continues with them throughout their life, and to develop a curiosity about the world in which they live that promotes aspiration, belief and celebration.
In February 2016, we joined Acorn Education Trust, which has provided exciting opportunities to improve local education and draw on collective experience. We work closely with other schools within the Trust and the central team to help us continue to grow from strength to strength.
Our school has an excellent environment, including:
- A brilliant, supportive team;
- A buddy system for children in years 5/6 and EYFS;
- A house structure in which children of all ages mix for sports days, art days and celebrations;
- A beautiful library in the grounds of the school;
- A PlayPod for imaginative, open-ended and creative play;
- A fantastic outdoor, all-year round learning space for EYFS;
- Wrap-around care;
- After school clubs, including sports and the arts;
- The best view of the Wiltshire countryside anywhere locally.
We look forward to welcoming you to our school and showing you what makes West Ashton such a wonderful school.